Man arrested for allegedly shooting 5 at Las Vegas birthday party had been deported 4 times and pled guilty to kidnapping

    0
    8

    A man arrested for allegedly shooting five people at a 50th birthday party in Las Vegas, Nevada, had been deported four times previously and pled guilty to kidnapping.

    Las Vegas Metropolitan Police said that 36-year-old Alberto Santacruz shot a man in the leg after a heated argument at a party on Sunday morning with about 100 people attending. As he was running away, he allegedly shot four other people but was chased down and tackled by the other partygoers, who held him down until police could arrive.

    Police were called to the home at about 12:54 a.m. where they found the five victims and took Santacruz into custody.

    Witnesses at the party said that nine shots were fired by the suspect.

    Police said that the man was initially uncooperative and had an identification card from Mexico that they later determined to be fraudulent. After an investigation, they determined the man was Santacruz.

    Santacruz is facing a slew of charges, including five charges of attempted murder, five charges of battery, two charges of discharging a gun, and charges of a prohibited person owning a gun.

    Of the five victims who were transported to University Medical Center for treatment, two were admitted with critical injuries from gunshot wounds to the back and chest.

    Court records showed that Santacruz was not a U.S. citizen and had been deported at least four times. He had also pled guilty to one charge of kidnapping a man in 2006 over the theft of $50,000 of methamphetamine. He was a part of a group of men who tied up two men and held their heads under water in a bathtub.

    All of the suspects in that incident identified themselves as illegal aliens to law enforcement.

    Santacruz is being held without bail.

    Here’s more about the birthday party shooting:

    2-time convicted felon accused of shooting 5 at Las Vegas party

    www.youtube.com